Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tutorial - Paper Rosette

Renee here and welcome to another tutorial.

My tutorial today will be teaching you how to make a rosette.

I've long admired projects that use a rosette on them and finally taught myself how to make them.

It's very easy and I think once you try it you'll want to use them on lots of your projects.

Step 1: Cut a strip of paper 12" x 2".  If you want a decorative edge then start your punch in the center.

Step 2: Cut the entire border


Step 3: Score every 1/4" or every 3/8".  I found those measurements work best and in this case I used 3/8" due to the pattern on my punch.


Step 4: Accordian fold on the score marks.


Step 5: Connect the ends (it will look a little like a cupcake paper) and punch a circle to bind it in the back. Place a glue dot, glue, or hot glue (works really well) on the circle.


Step 6: Fold the rosette flat and adhere the circle to the back.


Step 7: Turn over and use on your project.


To see how I have used this rosette, check out my card in this week's challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I have read so many articles regarding the blogger lovers but this
    piece of writing is in fact a nice piece of writing, keep it up.


    my blog post: how to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you think about our challenges, so leave us a comment.