Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stenciling Tutorial

Renee here and since our challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow is to use stencils or masks I decided to make a little tutorial for you.

I chose to use some of my Spellbinders dies as stencils. The packages all say...CUT, EMBOSS, STENCIL but I think very few people actually stencil with them.  I thought I'd show you a quick "how to" if you'd like to see how easy it is.

First you need to cut your die and then run it through again to emboss it.





Next, take your ink pad (or sponge or dauber) and run ink over the embossed portions.

Don't forget to wipe the excess ink of the dies so you don't goof up your next project. (I use baby wipes).



The last step is to remove your embossed creation and use it on your card.



I used some on the inside as well.



Here's my finished card.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Renee. I love how the ink looks on the die cuts. I have used that technique before and it looks so pretty as it does on your card!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you think about our challenges, so leave us a comment.