Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tutorial - Faux Letterpress Imprinting

Renee here and today I'll show you how to make a faux letterpress imprint with your embossing folders.

Supply list:
Embossing folder
Embossing machine (I used Cuttlebug)
Ink & paper


This is so easy to do.  Just take your embossing folder and ink it up.  I've used Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink but I think any ink will work.  I inked up both sides of the folder.


As you can see the more solid side left streaks.  I'm wondering next time if instead of dabbing I could drag the ink pad across or use a brayer to apply.  The other side turned out great.  What happens with this method is that the ink is printed into the debossed portion of the paper creating a beautiful look.


After I created my letterpress paper I trimmed around the flourishes to create a frame for my fairy.


You can create endless handmade designer papers with this method.  Choose any embossing folder and color ink you like!  It's so simple.  As for clean up, I like to wipe my folder down with a baby wipe when I'm finished.  Soap and water work just fine too.   I hope you'll try this technique.  It's simple and beautiful.  I'd love to see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear what you think about our challenges, so leave us a comment.